Thursday, November 20, 2008

Four Great Years

So, I've been blogging for four years and, once more, because of NaBloPoMo, I forgot to post on 11/14, this blog's anniversary. I started a "blog tradition" in last year's anniversary post in which I decided to include the best and most recent photo of me that I have. Coincidentally, this year's photo was also taken at Longwood Gardens, like last year's, but it wasn't taken by Kelvin, but by my friend Ana Paula in her new cool Nikon camera. So, here's my favorite photo from last summer, taken in August, when my favorite wild flower, Queen Anne's lace, was still in bloom.
In the past year I haven't added any new blogging friends to my list of "real live" encounters :-( but I hope that in 2009 this can change with several more blogger meet ups. And that's why today, before writing this post, I went to Mount Airy so I could see this blogger (of Leery Polyp fame) and her new girl while she's still on the inside ;-). It was a brief encounter, but still... I've been missing seeing other bloggers "in the flesh." Somehow, such encounters make me feel less lonely and weird ;-).

There's one thing that's kind of depressing about this old blog, though... I never changed the template like I wanted to have done long, very long ago (more than three years, as the first anniversary post attests) :-( Oh well, nothing can be perfect. At least today I'm posting one minute before midnight without tweaking with the date!

4 comments:

kate said...

Wow, what an absolutely gorgeous photo! Happy blogiversary!

KF said...

Great photo indeed!

Rene said...

Very pretty. Happy anniversary! :-)

t1 Diabetes said...

Can't wait to see your pretty face in person this Sunday... I'm not a "blog" friend, but it's always nice to see friends!