Saturday, November 15, 2008

Here I Go

So, tomorrow, I begin my new "career" as an online facilitator/instructor and I'm glad to report that my attitude has improved quite a bit since I last mentioned this in the blog (here). I have a feeling that it is going to be a positive experience. I enjoy interacting with people, both in person and online, so I hope that this opportunity to interact with students online can be a positive one for me and that I can encourage these 40 people to learn more about a subject that I am interested about. I know that grading will be quite time consuming and it always is boring and tiring... but, the interactions should (hopefully) be fun and stimulating. I'll let you know how it's going...

In other news, tonight was our school's gymnastics program, I've posted some pictures in the now defunct :-( photo blog of last school years' presentations and this year's is even better since we have a bigger groups of students. And they did an awesome job in their pyramids... maybe I can post a picture or two later. We also invited a group of friends over because we are saying goodbye to one couple and their baby son who are going back to Brazil, but they couldn't even come because they're packing for their trip. Good thing other friends came and they even got to see the gymnastics program! And now two of our friends' children, a boy and a girl, are sleeping over. You know... I feel happy that we have two boys and not a boy and a girl. I think it's easier to have two kids of the same gender. And I'm getting more and more convinced that I wasn't really meant to have a daughter, really. But that's probably the subject for another post.

I'm already half an hour late, so let me post this...

2 comments:

Keiko said...

Eu que sempre quis menina estou felicíssima: aí vem uma!

Boa sorte com suas aulas online!

Boa semana,
Keiko

Oonie said...

I kept meaning to write to you after your last post. I think the job sounds great and I wish you tremendous luck with it! I keep job hopping (semideliberately) and while there are parts of my old job/s I miss, I am enjoying picking up the new stuff too.
Good luck!