Monday, November 19, 2007

Three Meaningful Years

I missed posting on my "blogging anniversary"(or blogiversary as some folks say) again this year. On November 14, 2004 I posted a picture of myself and my youngest son and started this blog. I guess the picture can be seen as "symbolic" because the son and the blog came to existence in the same year only five and a half months apart.

I'll try to think a bit about these past three years, but in case I come up short, I want to offer you this post which sums up what blogging has come to mean in my life.

In the past year since I wrote that I met five other bloggers in person (Laura, Lauren, Jeannette, Anjali, and OK, one of them, O, hadn't started blogging yet, but I did get to meet her right before that :)

OK, how my life changed in the past three years.

1) I have become hopelessly addicted to blogging and blog reading. I do limit my reading as much as possible and I have to admit (and apologize to those involved) that I haven't even been able to keep up with the blogs in my blogroll (which needs some updating as well). The problem with me and blog reading is that I need to interact with people, so I have to comment almost every post I read and that takes time, so sometimes I'm not able to read.

2) As the post I linked to in the second paragraph above attests, I have become a happier person since I started blogging. (here's a happy photo for you -- I'd love to put it in my profile [I used it for facebook -- let me know if you're there so we can be friends'], but I still don't have the courage to do it. I don't mind posting photos, though).

3) I think I may have improved my writing a bit, but not much. As you've probably noticed, NaBloPoMo is a breeze for me because I'm a blabbermouth, I have so much to say! And I've been so "boringly" chronicling my days that I even forgot to celebrate my "blog anniversary."

4) Most of all, meeting all of you has enriched my life beyond measure.

Thanks for being there for me and thanks for sharing your lives too, since they have touched mine!

14 comments:

Gabriella said...

Happy anniversary!

Glad you started blogging...
my lazyiness with blogging is that I read so many but comment on so little...I know it's terrible.

Tracy said...

That is a stunning photograph of you, Lilian! Just beautiful!

Thanks for being such a thorough, considerate, and compassionate blogger and commenter. It's refreshing!

Keep up the great work -- here's to another three years (at least)!

Juliet said...

It has been wonderful getting to know you through blogging! I'm not as good about commenting as I used to be, and I'm sorry about that. But I still read, and I'm still so happy to have "met" you! Happy blog anniversary!

Oh! I'm on facebook, too!Kind of addicted, actually! ^_^ I'll add you!

pithydithy said...

That is a great picture! You look stunning! (And happy!)

Jody said...

Happy Anniversary! (You look fantastic!)

oreneta said...

Happy Anniversary, I have been lurking for a bit, and really enjoying your blog...I am sorry you've been having a hard time lately...an could so relate to the wallet in the store post...I lose my wallet ALL THE TIME!

Congrats on a great blog.

Oonie said...

Happy Anniversary! See you on Facebook!

ArticulateDad said...

Happy Anniversary! You look good happy. Just an observation. ;)

Daniel's Customs said...

Just wanted to let you know - I follow your blog when I can -
I'm the mother of a half-Brazilian six year old boy in Chicago (unfortunately, I'm divorced from his Brazilian father).

You can follow us at
www.windycitymamma.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Happy blogiversary! So glad we got to meet in person before we moved!

Keiko said...

Feliz Blogosário! hehehe

Keiko

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Happy Anniversary! That is a really lovely photo of you. Very happy and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you look so gorgeous in that photo! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Happy Anniversary and I also wanted to say how much I have loved reading you this month. talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogaversary, Lilian! I really enjoy your blog so much. And it's wonderful to "see" you there -you look fantastic.