Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cooking, Eating, and... Grading

The Menu

Vegetarian Dinner Roast
Gravy
Salad *
White Rice (Brazilian style)
Vegetables (brussel sprouts, green beans, broccoli)
Roasted potato wedges
Cranberry sauce (from scratch)*
Yams with Pecan Praline*

(Non traditional main dish:)
Cannelloni (heart of palm and ricotta cheese & spinach),

Desserts
Apple Pie
Maple Squash Pie*
a different kind of squash pie*
Triple Cranberry Bread*
Frozen Vanilla Cream with chocolate wafers

* Things that I made (the rest, my SIL prepared)

We're really obsessed, my sister-in-law and I, when it comes to holiday cooking... for some reason we just have to go all out, every time :-)

Well, it's fun, and yummy too! Too bad the four little boys don't eat most of those dishes... :-(

OK, I wish I could write some more, but it's past midnight again and I still have to do some grading and work on the online class (sigh)...

Maybe a photo or two later, OK?

4 comments:

Rene said...

I'm sure it was delicious as usual. I'm always impressed by how much time and effort you two put into your cooking.

We had stroganoff (with imported fri chik and palm hearts) and brownies (from a mix I bought in Israel). Good thing the holidays have never been at my place. :-)

Aliki2006 said...

I"m impressed, too! I hope it was all delicious, as I'm sure it was...

Keiko said...

Caracas!!! More than enough reason to give thanks, I guess :-)

eu quero!!! - Mas mesmo querendo muito, nunca, jamais cozinharia tudo isso! heheh

keiko

M said...

Sounds wonderful!