Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Random Bullet Point Edition Updates

I almost made it to before midnight, but not quite... again...

This online thing is just overwhelmingly involved. I don't want to talk about that right now. I could write TONS of posts about my (sometimes catastrophic) experiences so far, but I want to just go random... if my brain allows me to. Some of these bullet points will be mainly reminders of posts to come (hopefully)

  • I'd been feeling down about the house for the past couple of months, but I want to write a whole post about it. This week I've slowly began to "recover" from my funk. There's still a long way to go, in only three weeks though, before we can get the basement in shape before family comes for Xmas.
  • Teaching at the school has been mostly stress free and fun, one of the most relaxed works I ever had. It's beginning to change, though, mostly because I don't agree with certain things, particularly those that have to do with my son's academic progress :-( More on that later too.
  • We're no longer going to the Brazilian church in Philly, but to the one 5 minutes from our house, connected to the school. The funniest thing is that now that we're no longer official part of the group we've been much more socially involved with our Brazilian friends -- we've gotten together with them every weekend in the past month and a half! Now that we don't have to deal with the many issues that we faced having to be in leadership positions it is much easier to just enjoy our friends and their company.
  • I am thrilled to have been able to cancel my upcoming trip to Brazil (which was going to be on Thursday, coming back on Sat. night) and re-schedule it for mid-January, for FOUR DAYS!
  • I really with I could spend some time relaxing and watching a movie, but that's just not been possible lately. After I started grading last Friday it seems that my life as I knew it is "done gone." :-(
OK, gotta go to bed... only 21 min. late, this is...

1 comment:

Rene said...

Ahhhhh . . . a movie . . . that does sound wonderful.