Friday, December 03, 2010

Really Random (& Superfluous?) Thursday Tidbits

My lunch today consisted of food samples at Costco (I have to confess I tried a few things twice, I was so hungry! ;-)

I had a really strange dream with the Zuckerberg guy (facebook founder), too weird to share, but not as weird as yesterday's dream in which I had parked my car in an indoor parking lot to go somewhere and when I came back everything in the car had been stolen, there was only the carcass! And it was not only my car, but others there too. I felt helplessly stunned.

The class was good -- it had everything to be bad, but then I managed to turn it around by getting the students "into" one of the activities we did. Inch by inch, I'm getting a better about this teaching language thing. Which is a great relief.

Note to self: blog about my son and Apple.

I went to this store and was able to buy one needed thing for each member of the family (each around $20 -- K's was the cheapest, mine the most expensive): jeans for K, brown boots for me, a pair of sneakers for each boy -- coincidentally the very same pair was available in both their sizes!

I'm so sad!! (drama queen much?) ;-) I went to this other store because I had to spend this 10 dollar voucher. I bought a pair of pants and was on my way to the car when I went back to go to the bathroom. That was when I saw it! And unfortunately, sadly, fell head over heels for this delicate & feminine wool coat (photo on the left and below). It's a little bit too "fru-fru" with all the rosettes around the neck, but it's black! You can't go wrong with black, even frilly like that. Sigh.
I hate it, really hate it when I fall in love with something superfluous like this pretty coat. Most, if not all of my clothes come off clearance racks (luckily I can still find things I like there) and I'm not very picky. I do have a very specific taste, though, and I'm not easily swayed by fashions and trends. If I don't like something (e.g. peep-toe shoes of any kind, I find them horrid, always have, ever since I was a kid) I won't buy it, no matter how fashionable it is (today I could have bought "Ugg" style boots, but I think they're ugly -- in spite of being warm and comfy -- so, no, I didn't buy them). So, yeah, I like this coat and I wanted to write a whole post about it, but couldn't bring myself to do it either.


Hmmm.... difficult subject. House hunting. Hard subject because the right thing to do would be to continue renting for two years to save money for a down payment. I don't want to do that, though! I really want us to have our own house again, though, for reasons I will explore in a future post. :( Anyhow, poor K needs to prepare classes, but I pulled him into house hunting tonight (we like to use Trulia) and the poor guy is still doing it -- no class prepared.  I took a break to write this post, but right now I'm making a really strong effort not to be completely smitten (again!) by this gorgeous, brand new house that we happened to see last Spring (we walked into an open house with our realtor). It's above our price range, but It's Brand New! And Fancy! Granite! Ceramic Tile! Crown Moulding! Chair rail! oh well... All superfluous things again -- ha! I'm adding that word to the title.

Anyway... yeah. Good thing K seems to be smitten too. That's why he's not working right now. Sigh. oh, and he allowed me to email our realtor about it too. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Aliki2006 said...

It's a beautiful coat!

By the way, they revamped the site over at Family Education and I just realized this morning that over half my blogroll there has disappeared! Your link is one of those gone...I didn't want you to think I took it off. I'll contact them on Monday and see what happened!