Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Lunar Eclipse

I'm wondering whether I should stay up for the eclipse or simply turn the alarm on. I should go to bed, obviously. As soon as the muffins I'm baking are ready.

Problem is... we have to wake up at 6:30 am so we can leave by 7 to go to Pennsylvania. We have tickets for a show at 1 pm, so we cannot risk being late.

I really want to see the eclipse though. I know... I should have gone to bed earlier, which would have made it easier to wake up at 3:30 am, but I'm obviously still up. Baking vegan banana nut muffins for tomorrow.

The weekend was pretty crazy. It all started with the guests arriving on Friday afternoon (and I was late cooking lunch). Then, Kelvin got sick (vomited a few times) and was pretty sick on Friday evening when we went to a concert and on Saturday morning. Thankfully he "revived" for his school's Christmas program and was fine on that evening. Yesterday he felt stomach pains in the morning, but was fine all day. (note: we invited friends over for dinner & the kids went to bed at midnight last night -- I went only at 3 am, I was grading).

Today was a totally different matter -- and it was the day I had to finalize posting my student's grades online. Kelvin woke up in really terrible stomach pain and as we got ready to take him to the doctor he began to moan loudly and to cry non-stop. We wondered if the had appendicitis or something like it. When we got to the doctor's office he began to feel better and soon felt pretty well. We scheduled the appointment for the afternoon.

Problem was -- he vomited again when we got home (after he was already feeling better). Then, he was fine for the doctor's appointment, but less than an hour after the doctor said he has a stomach bug that has been going around he was in terrible pain again. K brought him home and he vomited again. :(

I know we shouldn't be traveling, but the tickets we bought are nonrefundable, so we'll try to go. I hope he doesn't get sick on the road. Most important of all, I hope nobody catches this pesky virus -- that would ruin Christmas around here! :(

Muffins are baked and taste good. I'm off to bed now. But I'll set my cell phone's alarm on.

P.S. In case you're wondering we were not able to go out to celebrate our anniversary on Saturday night, but we did have a lovely time hanging out with our friends -- and they were in our wedding back in 1994, so that was nice!

No comments: