Wednesday, December 15, 2010

iKelvin.1

"It's fun being a kid," Kelvin said as I snuggled with him one night last week when putting him to bed. I smiled and nodded, but I had no idea what was coming next, "at least, if there's a lot of new technology!"

I had to laugh out loud and assure him (in that boring parent kind of way) that it was still lots of fun being a kid when there was no technology to be had. Then I asked him why he thought technology made things fun and he said: "Mom, it's because there are lots of fun things to use and to play with." He's sure right about that one and lots of people think it's even funner to be an adult with all that technology multiplying every day. Let's go back to Kelvin, though...
Smart, handsome, fun(ny) and...
... definitely geeky (just like his parents, or worse).

My sister-in-law M (the one whose son I saw being born in Canada last July) jokes that he's the only person (not kid, person) she knows who reads owner's manuals for all kinds of stuff.

When we were packing the truck back in May on the week of the move, Kelvin's favorite way to spend time was watching Steve Job's various keynote addresses in the Apple website. Needless to say, my son is an Apple fanatic. He knows everything about Apple's new releases. He's fascinated by the iPad (we've promised him one when he turns 15 in only 6 years (but I have a feeling he'll find a way to earn money to get one sooner), but he knows it's not wise to buy one now and that one should wait until all features of the iPhone G4 are incorporated into the iPad.

Invariable in the middle of a day he'll randomly chime in with a comment about something Apple and he never fails to get K and I to laugh -- particularly if it's during dinner time.

I have probably forgotten half of the things I wanted to share about iKelvin, so let's change the post's title from iKelvin to iKelvin.1 so that way I can keep on posting about him once in a while. :)

P.S. Random piece of information, I started writing this exactly 10 days ago. Obviously I'm here blogging because I have ONLY 27 final exams to grade and final grades to prepare.

No comments: