Saturday, December 18, 2010

16 Years Ago

It's a little "early," but I'm afraid I won't remember to post tomorrow during the day or evening.* I had actually entirely forgotten which day tomorrow was until I read FireMom's tweets which led me to this post about her date with her husband tonight to celebrate their 6th wedding anniversary a day early.

Well, as it turns out, precisely ten years before her big day, mine took place! I posted photos last year, but this year I will just say that I agree with FireMom that it's possible to be more in love now than when we got married way back in the day. Every single day I'm delighted to think that I married K and that we're happy together. I'm even more delighted in the lovely offspring that we've produced!

In any case, in spite of the hectic day that tomorrow promises to be (see * below), there is a chance that we may be able to go out and celebrate for a bit because we have house guests!! Our friends arrived this afternoon from Michigan with their two children (same age as ours, but girl & boy) to spend the holidays with us and we're thinking that they can stay home with the boys so we can go out. :-D Lovely plan, right?

Obviously, I haven't mentioned this to them yet because I'd completely forgotten about our anniversary, but I'll do that first thing tomorrow!  Someday I'll have to find some time to scan old photos of us... from back when we were young. :( I know, it's not that terrible to be turning 40, but it's not easy either. 

P.S. Some more coincidences between FireMom's life & mine: I am 10 years older than her, we both have two sons and apparently we both love green! ;-) Happy anniversary for you two, Jenna! It looks like you had a fun date.

* We have an extremely busy day coming up due to the snow day last Thursday. Church in the morning & lunch there because the boys' school Christmas Program will be at 3 pm in the afternoon (it was originally scheduled for Thursday evening). Followed by a 7 pm high school band Christmas program.

2 comments:

ArticulateDad said...

Congratulations! That's a momentous thing to celebrate.

Aliki2006 said...

Congratulations! What a milestone--I hope you get to sneak in a little celebration.