Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ya Know, I Second Michael Moore

I just read this post by Michael Moore defending Julian Assange
long parenthetical remark:
(is he really going to be Time's Person of the Year? That was my guess last week and my husband totally dismissed it, but today he told me he saw somewhere that it is him -- better than this week's cover [link to cover story, couldn't get a link to an image of the cover itself], Sarah Palin, blah! -- oh, tomorrow we'll know! It's already tomorrow here in the East Coast, but I don't see anything in their site yet)

anyway... I really liked what Moore said and it's sobering to think that something like WikiLeaks could have help avoid the 9/11 attacks and the Iraq war. It's just too late. We live in a different world now, one in which "Big Brother" is getting more and more cruel and more controlling. Deep Sigh.

It's all very complicated. The political climate is pretty bad, they just created the NoLabels "label," it's hard to know where the world is going. One thing is certain. Those in power will do everything they can to keep this power and having dirty secrets is pretty essential to maintain the status quo. So I guess there's no way out.

I really like Moore's point about never trusting "the official version," which is what we're spoon fed by the media. Gotta go to bed now. Hopefully more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the current political climate worries me.