Monday, December 27, 2010

Trying to Catch Up

We had house guests for ten days -- dear friends & their kids who moved from Brazil to Michigan six months ago -- and in the last 24 hours there were twelve people in this tiny, less than 1200 ft house because brother-in-law and family came to visit.

Considering that six of us were kids 8 and under (two 8s, THREE 6s & one 4), we did great and damages were minimal: one bed sheet used for "tent" where four of the kids had slept under from Friday to Sat. before the other two boys came ended up with permanent marker writings in one corner. Oh, and the marble run (similar to this one) that I got my boys for Christmas and which Kel & B carefully assembled got smashed up and now needs to be reassembled.

The friends left yesterday morning and the in-laws stayed until 6 pm and last night K & I stayed up (till nearly 3 am) watching a movie we've had for 20 days from netflix. We liked it! But today we were really tired, so I slept in and I'm still sleepy and trying to recover from last week.

Now I have to catch up with blog writing. I have a few days to write lots of post to reach my goal of 241 posts this year. So, please bear with me as I go on a end-of-year blogging binge!

No comments: