Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Eclipse is Cool...

... but less total than I thought it'd be. I don't know if the moon will get darker in the next few minutes, or what, but I don't think it looks completely covered.

It's still really cool! I'm glad I woke up. I slept the minute I hit the pillow and woke up instantly with the alarm. I'm sill sleepy & know I'll fall asleep again instantly -- the gifts of having had to wake up multiple times a night for years: one more of the mothering "adaptations."

Gotta go outside again. I can almost see it from the front door. I can just take a couple of steps & I see the moon. Oh, and the sky was a bit "hazy" earlier, but now it's as clear as can be! Too bad I cannot photograph it. (I know I could try with a tripod, but it's too much of a pain).

Edited to add: 3:59 am
It's just SO cool! The tiniest bright sliver is disappearing now!

4:05
I wish I had a telescope, but well... it still looks nice with the "naked eye" (K is jokingly against such "impudent expressions" ;-) Silly K!)

Nice images here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I woke up at 3 a.m., but could not drag myself out of bed to go watch it. I poked my hubby. Had he gotten up, I might have too, but he, too, chose the warm bed.