Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What Was Left Unsaid... / New Goal

The end of November is pretty intense every year, so it's a bit of a pity that this month has been arbitrarily chosen for "National Blog Posting Month" to follow the novel writing month movement. I'm always a bit sad when the month ends, but hopefully I can still continue to blog often -- without the obligation of it.

As a matter of fact, I decided that I want to try to blog more than I did back in 2008 (240 posts) and for that to happen, I will need to write 26 more posts before the year ends. So... you'll get almost a repeat of NaBloPoMo in December. Ever since I started the blog I had been blogging more and more each year, with the exception of 2009 which was the worst year ever, really. I'm thrilled that 2010 was way better, but that'll be the subject of various end of year posts.

OK, so because of our travels in the past two weeks, I posted lots of light-hearted, pretty boring "fluff" (well, except for Sunday's really serious post) and now there is a back-log of serious posts I want to write. I think it will be useful to post the list here for future reference!

A short overview:

- The negative side(s) of "staying" (positive side here);

- More about "working in the margins" (related to the topic above);

- How I'm missing Brazil lately;

- My insecurities;

- More documentary watching & blogging;

- The terrible "warfare" situation in the city of Rio de Janeiro (if I don't write about that soon, it will be old old news);

And I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of it right now. Is there anything you would like me to blog about?

I'm happy with NaBloPoMo 2010, now I'll try to find a cute badge to put in the sidebar!

P.S. I went to the eye-doctor today. I have a form of conjunctivitis caused by contact-lens wearing. I will have to wear glasses for three long weeks (sigh) while I'm using prescription eye-drops -- which Costco didn't have today so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to start. :(  I do NOT like wearing glasses, ever. That's why I've been wearing contacts for 20 years. This will probably be the longest I'll ever wear glasses. And they are two years old and not that comfortable. :( oh well... I'm glad it's nothing more serious, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Aliki2006 said...

Oh, I"m sorry about your eyes. I used to wear contacts all the time, then switched to glasses through my pregnancies and sleep-deprivation years, and now that I'm back to contacts I can't imagine switching BACK to glasses!

The time will pass quickly--take good care of those eyes!