Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snow: Both Sides Now (or NO!!! My Trees!!!!)

"I've looked at snow from both sides now,
From up and down, and still somehow
It's snow illusions I recall.
I really don't know snow at all."

For 15 years, I've loved snow. Sure, it was annoying at times, lots of work to shovel, slushy and brown after several days and melting... but snow was magic! It was amazingly beautiful and turned a dreary winter landscape into a "winter wonderland." The dangerous and awful one was freezing rain, not snow. That is, until today.

I was a bit freaked out, but still excited about snow in October. All I could think of were beautiful photos of  red leaves covered with snow. I could not imagine this:



This was just yesterday:

And now today:
I'll write more later, OK?

No comments: