Monday, November 29, 2010

One Year to Grow 3 Inches

My almost nine year old son has one year to grow from 51 to 54 inches tall if he wants to go to roller-coasters with me next year.

You see, it has been determined that K's immediate family (plus the grandmothers on both sides) will finally have a reunion next year, and it is to be in Orlando, FL for Xmas and New Year's. I have to try to blog sometime about my troublesome love/hate relationship with the mindless (and really costly) entertainment of theme parks, but I'm happy about the location -- large rental houses can be found there to accommodate the family comfortably and that's not an easy feat.

In any case, I don't know how the logistics of the trip will work out because I'm sure each family, each person, would like to go to a different park/place, but if Kelvin is 54 inches tall by then I will have to go to one or two parks that have roller coasters with him. There are a few options, this is the main one (I've never been there), then this (there's one of it in this state, maybe we should consider a season pass? nah... K will be totally against it) and that (only two, but one really awesome).

So, yeah... I love to live in anticipation of things to come, that's why I enjoy planning trips and thinking about them.

Meanwhile I'm telling Kelvin to eat healthy, exercise and get plenty of sleep. He may just make it! :)

No comments: