Thursday, November 18, 2010

Small Accomplishment & Whirlwind Day Coming Up

I'm so thrilled that I finally finished a project that took me over two weeks to complete! I hope my parents don't read this (they probably won't), so I'll spill the beans -- I finally surrendered to photo books!

I had seen some of them before because my mother-in-law made several to document and advertise her travel agency's wonderful trips and my sister-in-law has several of their trips too (I saw them in your spare bedroom when we were there, sis! but I had already seen them online too). But I had never ordered one with photos of our family. I took advantage of one of their promotions (a free book!) and ordered a small book with some of our photos and I loved it!

So I went ahead and spent countless hours designing a book for my dad which came out really nice (although it was very expensive -- I ordered the 12 X 12 book). Thankfully, we joined Costco last week, so I was able to make another book (this time for mom's 70th birthday) and it cost much less. I just ordered it and now I'm just hoping it's ready before next Friday (or next Monday) so my sister-in-law can take it to Brazil with her on the 30th.

I'm so happy that this is finally done that I had to come and blog about it even though I have a test to prepare (my students are taking it at 5 pm).

Oh, and what about the whirlwind? We have finally decided on the details of our upcoming trip to Florida!! We're driving one of our super-old cars instead of renting one (we figured we'd spend the $ from the rental in new tires for the mini-van) and we're leaving tomorrow, even though K teaches until 11 am and we know we won't get to our friends' house (thankfully in Northeast Florida) until way after midnight.

It will be exhausting! And the most exhausting for me will be preparing everything in less than 24 hours... I'm not looking forward to the crazy whirlwind of activities that that will require. I don't know how much sleep I'll get tonight. Now K NEEDS to sleep or we won't be able to get to FL tomorrow. We'll take turns driving, but it's best if one of us is well rested.

OK, gotta go now get that show on the road. Wait! It's not a show, just a boring old test. I decided to give them tests before the break because when we're back they might have already forgotten what we just learned. ;-)

No comments: