Sunday, November 28, 2010

Birds on Wires -- Perfect Song for a Sunday Morning

I promise there'll be a post of more substance later today, but I've wanted to post this for almost a year, but keep forgetting. Listen to this song, it's awesome!


Birds on the Wires from Jarbas Agnelli on Vimeo.


This is what the composer Jarbas Agnelli had to say about it in Vimeo:


Reading a newspaper, I saw a picture of birds on the electric wires. I cut out the photo and decided to make a song, using the exact location of the birds as notes (no Photoshop edit). I knew it wasn't the most original idea in the universe. I was just curious to hear what melody the birds were creating.
I sent the music to the photographer, Paulo Pinto, who I Googled on the internet. He told his editor, who told a reporter and the story ended up as an interview in t he very same newspaper.
Here I've posted a short video made with the photo, the music and the score (composed by the birds).
 Amazing, no?

2 comments:

Rene said...

Very fun.

Aliki2006 said...

This was so neat! Thanks for posting--I'm going to share with L. and T. later. I think they'll like to hear it.