Wednesday, November 17, 2010

They Are Just TOO Happy!

I was going to blog about something entirely different,* but K's comment about the boys just a few minutes ago was too fun not to quote and discuss.

He's having a hard time to put the boys to bed tonight (in fact they're looking for books to read right now) because they are just way too happy! Everything is funny, everything, even taking one's clothes off is reason for playing a game (such as getting it into the hamper, basketball throw style), they are just the bubbliest, chattiest boys on earth almost all the time. Bless their hearts.

Oftentimes during dinner K and are "forced" to burst into uncontrollable laughter (especially K who -- together with his mom -- always has these never ending fits of laughter) because of things that Kelvin says or does. The boys are obsessed with arithmetic right now and spend lots of time quizzing each other, "How much is 200 minus 100? How much is 3 times 2? etc." The good thing is that they won't have any trouble learning their multiplication tables, the bad thing is that sometimes it gets a bit tiresome. :)

Tonight they were fascinated by the dark and wanted to turn all lights off after dinner. Then they went exploring and made lots of noise as K and I sat in the living room (I had the laptop, which was lighting the room a bit, for Kelvin's chagrin). Their on and off obsession with trains continues and this week they have the upstairs covered in a complex railroad. In fact, Linton keeps begging for a basement where they can have room to play trains and store all their toys that are in the garage right now, most out of reach.

The truth is, that essay I wrote about exaggerates the negative side of parenting a bit. It IS exhausting, but it is also fun most of the time.

I wish I could be better at writing down the things the boys say as I used to do when they were learning to speak (I wrote down their new words until their reached 200 -- they were not yet 24 months old when that happened), but the truth is that this blog is much more about me, the mama, than about them, my sons. Early on it was because I had to translate the things they said into English and that wasn't fun, so I just didn't record them here. Later, I didn't do it because it hadn't become a habit or a regular feature of the blog to write about the boys. Maybe I'll try to be better about this so I can share some fun conversations with you once in a while.

Well, I'm glad I wrote this post instead of the other one. The paragraph below is enough, too much, even.

* Here, I'll give it to you in a few sentences. If new asthma medication and eye-patch worries were not enough, I have had to wear my glasses for the past two days because with the contacts my vision is blurry in my right eye. I think I have this problem and I'm really upset about it. I will go to the doctor at some point although I have by now realized that the only thing I go to a doctor for is to have my self-diagnosis confirmed and a prescription written (if needed -- no prescription for IBS was needed, just the confirmation of what I already knew after a colonoscopy). So, yeah... I hope it's not that, but it could most certainly be, given that the virus that I already have expanded from the lips to inside my nostrils too -- sorry, TMI, I know! Why not the eye(s)?

1 comment:

t1 Diabetes said...

You are a wonderful mom, the post was not depressing, it was great to see you do so much and provides them with an incredible environment! You're "homeschooling" them and just don't know it! (you're an unschooling diva and just don't realize it!)