Friday, November 20, 2009

Some (Good) News and Assorted Odds & Ends

I forgot to mention something a while back (around a month, I think). You may remember that my first despondent thoughts about this house and the possible need to sell it earlier this year were prompted by the fact that German big pharma purchased American big pharma. We feared that if the local company were to shut down, house values in this area might irrecoverably plummet.

The good news is that the merger has happened, the name of the company has been changed, but it is still there. This area is safe for a while longer.

Last week K stayed home for a day and a half to work on the yard and twice that day a man stopped by to talk to him. It turns out he was one of the people who were really interested in buying this house (in his case even before we bought it back in 07) and the only reason why he didn't make an offer was that he hadn't been able to sell his own house or get a "bridge" loan. He's still interested and if his house sells we could "sell by owner" to him! We think that this is a very good sign!

Some other quick things: I have a few edits to do in previous posts and I'll do them soon.

I just had this idea to get things moving a bit again at the 365 project blog -- I want to post photos of foods that I took throughout the year on those days. I'll keep you posted.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Renata said...

That is a good sign. Thanks for sharing.