Friday, November 20, 2009

A Preliminary Answer/ Clarification

I just wanted to let my SIL know that I haven't been purposefully avoiding answering her question, it's just that this is such a complicated issue -- going back to Brazil or not -- that could take several posts to address.

First, I just wanted to say that I don't think that we're "vehemently discarding" going back to Brazil, it's just that we want to be able to approach all employment possibilities for K on the same footing. If there are no job offers here and he has one there we will most certainly go. The problem with next week's concurso is that they need three professors to begin in February and that K cannot possibly do. If they want him to go later (in August) then it might work out.

In addition, we want him to wait until any possible interviews and offers that might take place here to make a decision. This would probably be around April or even May. So, I guess the short answer is that we don't want to go back before making sure there are no jobs available for K here. Does that help?

1 comment:

Rene said...

It helps, and thanks for getting to my question--I know it's a rather personal matter.

I completely understand not being able to move immediately, but I'm still curious why any job in the States trumps one in Brazil.