Monday, November 16, 2009

Possible Future Places of Residence -- because you're dying to know!

I'm trying to escape another depressing subject (my mom's depression & K's trip to Brazil next week for the job selection process for the job we don't want him to get, but which my parents desperately want him to so that we'll move there), by posting about this more hopeful subject. And of course several of my blog readers are anxious to know whether I might be moving close(r) to them next year! (just kidding)

OK, so these are the places we might move to if my husband gets a job there, not that we'd be willing to move to all of them, mind you. I'm listing them more or less in the order of preference, not of best university/college or more advantageous job for K, but of place we'd like to live for whatever reason (reason for yes/no in parenthesis, if easy to explain):
  1. Orlando, FL (warmer and a constant stream of guests ;-).
  2. Atlanta, GA (warmer)
  3. Virginia -- 3 places: 2 on the coast and 1 in the Western part of the state. (pleasant places to live)
  4. Tennessee
  5. Rhode Island (Impossible, though)
  6. Boston, MA
  7. Connecticut (good school, but I'd probably put after #6)
  8. Central MA (I have mixed feelings about going back to MA, but I love MA, it's my adopted home state in this country)
  9. Indiana
  10. Texas - 2 positions. (warmer, but... hmmm, Bushland?)
  11. Central NY State
  12. Western Pennsylvania-- two different places
  13. West Virginia
  14. New Hampshire
  15. Wisconsin
  16. Colorado - 2 places
  17. Michigan - 2 places
  18. NJ (Greater NY area -- we don't want to live there)
  19. Oregon (too far away)
  20. San Francisco (impossible)
  21. Chicago (impossible)
  22. Detroit (well, we could have a super cheap house, at least, with no neighbors, though...)
OK, I'm not including Montreal, for two reasons: it's way too cold and because we might lose our residency. K is still applying, though, and my sister-in-law is thrilled.

6 comments:

Rene said...

That's quite a lot of possibilities! We'll try to come visit wherever.

Why are you so vehement about not wanting to come back to Brazil?

Unknown said...

Can I put a vote in for Tennessee? I grew up there and went to school in Memphis, and I liked it.

Anjali said...

Of course, I'm all about #2. Your #2 is my #1 for you.

And now I'll have to go ask Laura where she grew up in Tennessee, since I grew up there, too!

Dawn said...

What?!? Not Columbus? ;)

Unknown said...

I grew up in Kingsport--far east corner of Tennessee, not far from Virgina.

Aliki2006 said...

I'll vote for Atlanta, because it's kind of sort of near us (although MD is actually closer)!