Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More Later

annoying little post, read at your own risk

Just a quick post to let you know that the "blogger meet up" of the year did take place. It was way too short, obviously, but at least it happened! An illustrated post will come later, but meanwhile, it's midnight and my sons are not tucked in bed yet (one is dozing off while doing a nebulizer treatment and the other is eating a sandwich -- ah... growing boys). Good thing the youngest nephew here only fell asleep some 15 minutes ago.

Mostly to blame, a host of factors -- middle of the night awakening last night due to travel and sleeping in today, the last minute Thanksgiving food shopping, and the talking. Of course, there's the bad mother as always and... Daddy being away (he mostly does the bedtime routine). Stubborn nephew who hates to sleep had both parents around, though, so, well... it's me, but not just me.

K is doing well in Brazil, but he just found out that the post he's applying/interviewing for is a two year contract only and not a TT job. Sigh. And he spent 600 bucks on airfare to go there for that... The last part of the interview is tomorrow afternoon and he'll be here with us on Friday. That will be a relief!

You know, I love Thanksgiving, it is my favorite holiday, but frankly I'm not looking forward to all that cooking this year. And I think that K not being here to enjoy it with us is a big factor.

Sorry for all the grumpiness. Hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Are you planning to move back to Brazil?? I am sorry I have been so out of touch. The only time I get to blog is when I steal a few hours on a holiday... I miss you friend!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

ArticulateDad said...

Indeed! Too short, but very sweet.