Today CNN published a list of the world's 20 most visited museums and my husband emailed me all excited that we'd visited almost all of them!
We've been to 9 out of the top 10 and 14 of the total 20.
Of the ones we didn't visit 2 are in London (Science & Natural History), 3 in China and 1 in Korea: needless to say, we've never been to China or Korea or we might have visited those too. ;-) And our 6 days in London back in 2001 were insufficient to visit all 5 of the London museums included in the list! :-)
Of course we've visited dozens more that aren't on the list, but we did realize one thing: after the boys were born we have visited very few museums. :-( I hope we can resume that practice soon!
So, we've been to:
- the Louvre (Paris)
- the National Museum of Natural History (D.C.)
- the National Air & Space Museum (D.C.)
- the Metropolitan Museum of Art (NYC)
- the British Museum (London)
- the Tate Modern (London)
- the National Gallery (London)
- the Vatican Museum (& Sistine Chapel)
- the American Museum of Natural History (NYC)
- the National Museum of American History (D.C.)
- the National Gallery of Art (D.C.)
- the Centre Pompidou (Paris)
- the Musée D'Orsay (Paris)
- the Victoria & Albert Museum (London)
Those and the many many other museums, churches & landmarks we visited in Europe back in 2000 consisted of most of my bucket list. It was awesome to be you're able to visit most of my dreamed of locations before turning 30 (I'd already had my b-day when we went to London, though ;-)
The Mother Co & Staying Safe without Fear
41 minutes ago