Monday, September 30, 2013

All Those Lost Photographs...

(ok, maybe I should say misplaced, because this is my hope, that they are merely misplaced, not really lost! ;-)

As you already know, I am a bit of a photo fanatic (huge understatement? :-D), and I have been for a long time. Years ago, back in 1995-6 when we were getting ready to leave Brazil I organized all our negatives and created a system to classify them (very easy: year+letters of the alphabet+photo pose number [according to the negative], e.g. 94A21). I wrote a number in the back of each photo and labeled all the negative sleeves.

I did that partly because our best friend wanted me to print out photos of the previous 6 years for him and I needed to get everything organized for that. When we moved I took all the photos from these small albums I had and put them in a box. Once we began taking photos of our life here in the U.S. I organized those in albums again, but I never took those old photos (from 1990 - 1996) from their box (only to put some in frames).

I always kept the box close by and periodically looked through the photos, especially when someone came to visit. However, since we moved from Pennsylvania back in 2010 that box has gone missing! We had a lot of things in storage in our garage from the day we moved (June 4, 2010) until we bought our new house and moved here (April 22, 2011), but when we unpacked I didn't find the photos!

I have been busy since then and only once in a while I think of my previous photos. I am on a mission to find them now and I'll keep you posted.

Worst case scenario? I will just have to print them all out again from those negatives I have all classified and stored. Too bad I'm very leery of the digital photo printing process and I wish they could be developed chemically, not digitally. :(  (that might be more expensive, though).

Let's hope I find them and don't have to go through the trouble and expense of developing hundreds of photos!

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find them!

Heidi said...

I hope you find them too!