Monday, September 09, 2013

The Absent Minded-Driver

I drove "my" car* for two weeks without noticing that the inspection sticker on the middle of the windshield was WAY expired with a big "7" (July!) in the middle. So today I drove the van to work & K took the car for inspection. Lucky me that I didn't get pulled over and fined for that one, huh?
   * we don't really do this "my car" & "your car"thing  in our family, but for all purposes I use the smaller & more economic car for my super commute and my husband drives the old minivan

Well, it turns out that now we have a big R in our windshield and we need to repair the airbag sensor or something related to it because the airbag light is on. Boooo! :-(

And our trusty mechanic cannot see the car for an evaluation until Wednesday next week. Same thing with the guy at the garage at the end of our street. Sigh... We don't want to pay through the nose, so we can't take it to the dealership.

We do have two weeks to get it fixed, but I guess I'll have to drive the Odyssey to work everyday until then (and spend double on gas) or risk being stopped because of the "R." I think it's best to risk it than to waste the money on gas.

Oh well... what can we do. These annoying things are part of life. I can't wait to afford newer cars, though. CAN'T WAIT!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, every car has its troubles. We've had some over the summer, too, and I'm just trying to remember that's just part of owning one. Glad you haven't been pulled over! :)

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that. Don't fret, though. New cars are always around, and are in fact, affordable. They don't have to be straight from the assembly line all the time. They can be something like, 'second hand', but like a really nice flat, can be prim, pristine and proper.

Rigoberto @ Brandon Dodge On Broadway