Sunday, September 22, 2013

The light that temporarily (and "magically") turned off!

I keep forgetting to tell you what happened to our car inspection situation a couple of weeks ago!

K ended up taking the car to the Hyundai dealership and this didn't help at all because the car was made in Canada and they can't do anything about it (they did plug the car to their computer & stuff). After he drove off the light turned off momentarily, but came back on.

As he told me this on the phone as I was driving back from U#2 to U#1 on our minivan to teach (I was SOOOO thankful that I had air conditioning because it was a really hot day!) I remembered what my friend whose husband sold us the car last July had told me.

They got the car inspected before they sold it to us because they knew about this problem. Carol told me that Marc had taken the car to the dealership and the light had turned off and that he then had it quickly inspected (he drove from the dealership straight to the inspection place).

When I got home after teaching K shared the good news with me -- I could go back to driving the car because it now had a good inspection sticker! It turns out that when he started driving back home from work the light was off, so he drove straight to the inspection garage, told them that he'd taken the car to the dealership and that the light was off (unrelated facts, but both true!) so they checked it and put the new sticker!

Phew! That was a close call. And we have a year until the next inspection to decide what to do. The problem is certainly because of an electric wire and a faulty connection and it may be pretty difficult (long hours) to fix. We'll see, right now we don't have to worry about it anymore for a while!

No comments: