Friday, March 16, 2007

Glad We're Not Leaving

One of the things that frustrated me greatly and that I didn't write about until now is that when the possibility of this job came up, I began to feel that I'd really like to remain here in Philly. Not only do we have a group of Brazilian friends to interact with, but there are several wonderful people that I met, or am yet to meet (tomorrow, for example) through blogging.

Besides, there are some places in the area that we just love so much and would miss terribly -- and these are only those that we know, there's so much more that we haven't yet explored! That's one of the advantages of living close to a big city, there are many things to see and do.

So, I'm truly delighted that we're going to stay here after all!!!! (and I had never thought that this was even remotely possible, only in delusional moments when I fantasized that my husband could get a job in the industry :). I'm looking forward to selling this house and moving, even though that's one of the (few) downsides of staying in this area. It's going to be hard to find an affordable home we like in one of the places where we might like to live (we're very open, though, as to where that might be). But... I'm sure that with the precious help and advice of the "locals" that we know and will get to know better, we'll find the perfect place. The good thing is that we won't have to rush through this process since we're not moving that far away and can take our time. Well, all these issues shall be discussed ad nauseam in this blog.

Another advantage of staying here is that we'll still be relatively close to my parents-in-laws (who live in Massachusetts) and brother-in-law who lives in Maryland (I also have an uncle in D.C.).

What else can I say? Tonight we got a phone call from our closest friends, had an internet call (Sk*ype) from some other friends, and I also exchanged emails with another dear friend-- all of them in Brazil. Everyone is so happy for us and it's so good to hear that! We're happy for ourselves too! :)

6 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

I'm glad you get to stay, too--I've heard Philly is a wonderful place for grown-ups and kids alike!

Lauren D. McKinney said...

I'm glad you're staying too!

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYYAYAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

I'm so happy. You know I'm coming down to W Philly a lot in the next couple of weeks....

Scrivener said...

Congratulations to you and glad everything worked out well.

Unknown said...

It is always such a wonderful thing when you get to live where you want to.

And it was WONDERFUL meeting you and your family last night!

Anonymous said...

(Trying to post again here....)

I am SO glad you're staying here!!! We definitely need to have a Philly-mama-writer get-together soon! There's going to be another MotherTalk in April, but I'd love to get together under more informal circumstances, too!