Friday, March 09, 2007

Five Lists for my Favorite Five Year Old

Kelvin has two "virtual friends," who just turned five on the same week he did. Ben, whose birthday was last Sunday, and Isabella, whose birthday was on Tuesday. OK, they're not really his friends, but I'm sure they'd be if they got to meet. They are the son and daughter of two blogging friends of mine, Caroline and Alice. I'm glad their children's birthdays were a few days before Kelvin's that way I can borrow their nice blog post ideas :) Thanks, friends!

As seen in Alice's blog:

Five years ago today, at 4:14 pm (last year I posted his birth story, in case you want to check it out):
And the birthday boy today:
As seen on Caroline's blog:
Five Lists for Kelvin, my Favorite Five Year Old

Kelvin's Five Favorite Things to Do:
- Play with trains
- Play board or card games
- Go with the family to Longwood Gardens or Morris Arboretum
- Play with friends
- Go to the Please Touch Museum

Five Favorite TV Shows:
- Bob the Builder
- Elmo (Sesame Street)
- Mr. Rogers
- Berenstain Bears
- Thomas the Tank Engine
(can you tell we only watch PBS?)

Five Favorite Foods:
- "Pilaf" (lentils and bulgur wheat cooked together and served with dollops of sour cream or yogurt) - that's what his grandma cooked for lunch today.
- Rice and Beans
- Chinese food (I didn't get this one, really, we hardly ever eat "authentic" Chinese food)
- Indian food (particularly chickpea stew)
- Pasta (5 favorite ones: Macaroni and cheese [disclaimer: I don't ever cook this at home ;)], Spaghetti, Bow tie pasta, Ravioli, Potato Gnocchi)

Five Favorite Pieces of Music/ Songs
- John Williams' "Star Wars: Main Title" (from this CD)
- John Williams' "Olympic Fanfare And Theme" (same CD)
- Veggie Tales songs
- "My Life is in You" (Christian praise song whose lyrics according to him go: "My life isn't noodle...")
- "Breve Virá" ("Coming Again") - Hymn, as sang by a Brazilian male quartet (Arautos do Rei)

Five Reasons Why I Love Kelvin
- His birth made me a mother and transformed my life
- He asks such deep, complex questions and has an amazing vocabulary (in Portuguese, although his English proficiency is getting better everyday and is always surprising to me)
- He loves to give and receive lots of kisses, hugs, and cuddles
- He is very friendly and always includes everyone -- you can't ask him his favorite friend or relative -- he doesn't choose and says he cares for everyone equally
- He's a very happy boy, who loves to laugh and make goofy faces and stuff

Happy Birthday my Beloved Boy!!

10 comments:

ArticulateDad said...

Mazel Tov! Happy 5th.

Keiko said...

aaaa, que gostoso! Feliz Aniversário pro Kevin que eu só vi no casamento da Nyrlei...

menina, que foto linda essa do nascimento, ele assim olhando pra câmera...como quem sabe a que veio!

Lauren D. McKinney said...

Happy Birthday, Kelvin. Five is a great year.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Happy Birthday Kelvin!!

We should get together and go to the Please Touch Museum this spring Lillian!

Alice said...

Ohh awesome! Too bad I didn't see this sooner, I especially like this 5-things meme. What a sweetie!! Happy Birthday, Kelvin!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG--Soooo cute! It's like that commercial, isn't it: "Blink, and they're five..." Often I feel like I gotta stop blinking, stop time a little. But of course we parents can't stop from linking and our kids can't stop growing.

'Kay--that's enough deep thoughts. I should have just said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" LOL Enjoy this year--it is an amazing one for growing little ones...

zabrina said...

He is sooooo cute Lilian!!! Happy Birthday to him. I did not know about this day!
Xoxoxo

Aliki2006 said...

Happy birthday Kelvin! Five years old--such a big, handsome boy!

Keiko said...

E como foi a festa!!! Estamos curiosos, manda um brigadeiro, hehe

bjinho,
keiko

Caroline said...

Happy birthday to my favorite virtual five year old! Here's hoping some day our families can meet up for some fun!