Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blogger Meet Up Squared

Last Saturday night, I had the great pleasure of meeting Lauren, the sixth "Philly Mama" blogger from my blogroll that I've met in person (there are two I am yet to meet: Jeannette and Miriam Peskowitz).

There was a "bonus," though! Besides meeting Lauren, John and their sons, I met some other people there, including Anjali, who is also a blogger, and her lovely family. So now there's a ninth "Philly Mama" blogger in my blogroll! And I love your blog and your writing, Anjali! It's been a delight for me to read your archives and other publications online (you can check them out -- they're in her blog's sidebar - "Deep Thought by Anjali").

Lauren described the evening in a fun post in which we were dubbed "The Very Irishest Family from Brazil, Ever" :) because we the three of us (Kelvin took an extra long nap and didn't come) were wearing green. Lauren, I decided to wear green just because I didn't have anything comparable to your very Irish green beer mug earrings (I thought they were very cute, you shouldn't donate them to Goodwill :) and I wanted to go to a St. Patty's day party in style.

Oh, and I'm glad you liked the food I brought, Lauren. If you want to taste more of it, we can plan to get together again sometime ;) . Really, I love cooking and/or baking for friends and I don't get to do it as often as I'd like. The blog-post-famous cheese bourek was delicious, I'm glad I got to taste it, because that post made really curious about it.

Can you tell that I just love blogger meet ups? I hope to meet many of the other bloggers I read in the future.
~~~ ~~~
Coming up: a dissertation writing update, photos of the boys' new bedroom, and a slide show of a house being built in Brazil (but first I have to figure out which site to use to make a nice slide show, any suggestions?)

4 comments:

jo(e) said...

I love hearing about blogger meet-ups. I'm jealous of all of you.

Unknown said...

Lillian, it was such a pleasure to meet you and your lovely family. I'm so happy to discover your blog! And Brian and I are still talking about the wonderful food you brought!

t1 Diabetes said...

House? you already building a house there, or is it your parents?
Get togethers are fun! we have to do that one of these days! a "GEA" in the U.S. get together... ;-)

Juliet said...

Of O think nback on your posts, you've had the opportunity to meet a lot of fellow bloggers, haven't you? You are so lucky!