Friday, January 14, 2011

Well, Hello There!!! Delurking Day 2011

Thanks to Jenna/FireMom for blogging about this today! I did it many years later, let's see... back in 2006 when all the "cool kids" in the interwebs were doing it (see? I'm not famous or anything, but I'm an "oldish" blogger!), and in 2007, twice. Jenna has also a post explaining more about National Delurking Day 2011(what a pompous name, no?) at BlogHer. (oh, and I see that my dear blogging friend Jamie posted about it too!)

I'd love it if you could tell me a bit about yourself, that would be nice! I'm just really curious to know how you found my blog. And since I'm not that inspired to ask questions today (not that I don't want to know more about you, no!!), I'll copy some that I saw in my friends' posts.

From Jamie: do you prefer Facebook or Twitter?
From Jenna: Is there anything you'd like to ask me?
Anything about Brazil, for example?

Or... you can just "raise your hand" and say "I'm here!" as some people did back in 2007. If you have a blog, I promise to go and check it out and... promise (cross my heart and hope to die -- hahahaha, I always thought that was too cute!) to comment back to each and every one that comments, OK?

5 comments:

Melessa Gregg said...

I'm here!

L said...

Hi Melessa!!! Museum Studies!!!?? I'd LOVE that! I sometimes joke that I'm a museum-rat. Working as a curator or in some archivist related job is one of the things that would be a dream job for me.

In any case, think what I did is even crazier & much more "vague" than specializing in Museum Studies(complit). & I love what you said about doing what one loves & then not getting any money later -- it's my life too! I'm still glad I did what I love, though! Even though it's pretty useless at this point in my life.

Can't wait to read more about you! I'm adding your blog to my blogroll right now!

Abby said...

I'm here, too :) Found you through Sara @ Writing on the Margins, and since I'm in CompLit, too, I like to check in on your blog.
(Sorry I missed the "official" delurking day -- but I figured better late than never, right? And no blog -- just the blogger id so I cna comment.)

L said...

Hi Abby!!! I'm glad you found me! I'm not writing more about academia at this point, but my whole dissertation saga is out there in the archives (I get tired just thinking about it... sigh).

The day doesn't really matter as much as commenting and saying hi any time. I really appreciate it that you did! Thanks!!! It's always good to see a fellow compliter out there. :)

theO said...

Um abraço de Lisboa, Portugal. I'm an academic and a mom of 2 bilingual (still the younger one is almost 9 months) and wonderful girls (haven't got a blog though). I only facebook from time to time.
Parabéns pelo blog e pela família
Z.