Friday, January 21, 2011

In Case You're Wondering...

... what's going on in the house-hunting front:

We wrote an offer for that house today. If it's accepted, I'll post a picture (or several), OK?

If they decide not to accept it, we'll keep looking. It's a buyer's market and there are many properties out there. This one is pretty nice, but it is on the small side so... if it falls through, then it's not meant to be. That's how we're looking at it.

We're offering 10K less than asking price and 3% seller's assist for our closing which will bring their price down considerably. I think they won't be happy, but our agent (extremely experienced -- 20+ years -- & a teacher of real estate ethics) thinks it's a reasonable offer.

In the end, the less attached we are to the property, the best the likelihood that we'll make a smart business decision.  We've done well in our three previous houses, so I see no reason why we'll go wrong this time.

I'll keep you posted.

P.S. I didn't write more this week because we spent a lot of energy in the house hunting and the teaching also took time. What took the most time, though, was "Tiger Mothering" my sons (ha ha ha!), seriously, I've been doing a good job getting them to practice their piano daily. Tough work (Amy Chua is totally right about how hard it is, but I don't go to the extremes she went, obviously)! It helps that they're super motivated to play the Wii game their aunt & uncle sent them for Xmas and they don't get to do that until they've done homework & practiced piano. So... yeah, I've been busy & tired, not sleeping that well and having weird dreams (if you're curious I can blog that). but I'll let you know how the house thing goes as soon as we hear back from them (it should be on Monday).

No comments: