Saturday, January 15, 2011

First Loose Tooth Watch 2011!

Remember item #2 in this list? Two weeks into the new year and we already have a loose bottom tooth to deal with!

Yesterday Linton hardly ate any breakfast because he complained that his loose tooth hurt when he chewed. He did eat some lunch at school ("slurping" the spaghetti, as he put it) and I think that when dinner time came he was too hungry not to eat two (vegetarian) hot dogs.

Daddy tried to pull out the tooth out with a piece of dental floss last night, but it didn't work, so we wait... Hopefully Linton will be able to keep on eating, in spite of the fact that it's harder to bite this way. I'll keep you posted!

~   ~~~   ~   ~~~
As for Kelvin, two years ago I planned to write a couple of posts on how I feared that it was going to be really hard for him to get his tooth out, but it was just so incredibly easy! (check out that post because it has cute photos of my firstborn).

This is a summary of what I planed to post: when we were in Brazil in June 2008 Kelvin had blood drawn to test for Lyme Disease (I don't think he had it, but he underwent a full round of antibiotics just in case at the recommendation of his pediatrician's office). He kept the band-aid on for almost 2 days and then, when it was time to remove it, it was a nightmare!!! I tried to get him to immerse his arm in water, tried to pull it off... to no avail. He just wouldn't let me touch it for anything! After over 45 minutes he finally did it himself.

That morning I just thought to myself that I had to be prepared to deal with the loose tooth that were coming. If the band-aid was any indication of things to come, I imagined that it would be really awful. Well, I was squarely wrong about that one!! He pulled his own tooth very easily (it was extremely loose at that point) when we were backing off in the driveway of his best friend's house after a visit (I rushed back inside to share the news with them!). The second tooth came off as he bit a piece of bread at a school function and it's been a breeze ever since.

Maybe I'll have my reprieve with his younger brother... sigh. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: