Monday, January 31, 2011

Home Inspected, Can't Wait to Move In!

A cold winter evening is definitely a good "test" time to verify whether a house will be cozy and welcoming and the house we're planning to buy definitely passed the test with flying colors! The fact that we're going to have a new house got me thinking about decorating, wall colors (later I'll show you the bright burgundy color of the dining room) and things such as modern dining furniture. I'm also glad that I will soon have the chance to review a product, not yet chosen (but probably a much needed item of cookware), from the website I linked to above. I'll consider it a "housewarming" gift. :)

When we got back home after the inspection, K kept saying that this third visit to the house really made him sure that "this is the one" and I felt the same way. The boys also loved the house and got to choose their bedroom (well, I kind of convinced them to pick the room I thought was best, more on that some other time). Linton was very relieved to see the family room in the basement where he can have his toys (the most important requirement in a house for Linton is that it has room for his toys and to play, my dear boy!). The home inspector was nice and got the boys involved in the testing of the garage doors, which they obviously loved.

I can't wait for the closing in April!

1 comment:

Anjali said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pics!