Friday, September 19, 2008

Missing My Family

I've had an excellent trip. On long overnight flights, how many of you have wished to have all three seats in the center of the plane to yourselves? I had them! If only those seats were not so hard! ... I did get some sleep anyhow.

The best part of the *ten hours long* flight (Chicago - São Paulo) was getting to watch the Sex and the City... I had not been able to see it yet, and I loved it!

I also enjoyed the peaceful time away from the boys and the students, got to read quite a bit, and I've had a nice day here visiting friends.

I miss my boys, though, and my husband. I'm glad they are well (K is feeling better. He's getting a CAT scan on Tuesday, though, the doctor he saw yesterday thought that it could be appendicitis and some other GI tract conditions), but I miss them very much, particularly because Kelvin was asking me why he cannot come along and when it is that they're coming to Brazil again...

On Thursday morning at the school the children had this writing prompt to work on:
"I am happy when..." and Kelvin wrote: "I am happy when I go to Brazil." And then he drew and colored a nice Brazilian flag to go with his text. I'm so glad he loves his "blood country!" And I hope we can bring him here more often.

3 comments:

david santos said...

Excellent posting!!!
Congratulations!!!
Have a nice week.

Prisca said...

I'm glad you are having a good trip and I'm hoping K has good news from the Dr. Enjoy your adventures. :)

ArticulateDad said...

I hope you've been enjoying the trip.