Friday, September 12, 2008

365+1 Days Later, Here We Are! For Better of For Worse

Wow... I was almost dumbstruck when I read the post from exactly one year ago -- the day we had the closing on this house. I can hardly believe that we've done almost everything that needed to be done!

Of course I already knew that, but simply looking at those photos and reading what I wrote and the partial "to-do" list (full list here -- I have to go check all that was done) reminded me of far we've come and how unexpected the way to get to where we are now was. Because the truth of the matter is that we began most of these renovations in earnest on July 13, only two months ago, in order to put the house on the market. And... we've decided to stick around a little longer. Debt or no debt. Tight budget or not (and hopefully I'll begin to get paychecks within a month at the latest ;-).

Before and after photos of the house (or slide shows if I can manage) are forthcoming. I promise. Even if I have to go to bed really really late (as if I wasn't used to that already! :-). We need to commemorate this day, even if it's just virtually!

Meanwhile, this is the photo I took a few minutes ago, brand new roof, shiny from rain, weedy lawn, and all:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic. I wouldn't want to leave that house, either.

Jody said...

Congratulations on completing all that work! It looks fantastic.