Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Home Alone, but Not for Long

Just a quick post to say that K flew to Brazil on Saturday night, so I've been by myself with the boys since Saturday afternoon. He'll be back tomorrow morning, but he's going straight to work, so we'll only see it in the evening. Sigh.

Things are OK, though. Yesterday was a perfectly beautiful early Fall day, so we finally went to the Morris Arboretum and renewed our membership. We looove the Garden Railway. Linton was 3 months when we first went there (same thing with Longwood), so it's become a family tradition -- the boys have literally grown seeing those trains every summer (and holiday season). This year their theme is architectural wonders of the world, and the naturally build structures are just gorgeous.

Teaching is going OK too, except that Kelvin just doesn't like to work much (and it's not just with me, but with any teacher). I've been thinking constantly of all the things I've posted about in recent weeks. Perhaps I'll soon be able to articulate them into a coherent post.

I've also been thinking of how we love this area, and how fond we are of the house. I feel at peace right now, with our decision to just stay, and not to really decide much of anything else. I'm a bit freaked out by the prospects of, I don't know, not having money for food because of the cost of heating oil... but I'm relieved that three days a week, for 7h, the thermostat can be on 50-55 degrees. We'll manage somehow. At least the roof won't leak, that does bring some comfort. ;-)

2 comments:

diber said...

I'm sad I missed you. I almost called you on my way home from church to see if you were still there. But the desire for a nap prevailed. Aren't the world buildings incredible!!?

Anonymous said...

hahaha! hi lilian, i saw your profile and i couldn't help laughing; i have a phd in architecture and i dont know what to do with it either. heheheh!