Monday, October 19, 2009

Trains, Boys & Blogger Meet Up (Belated Post)

It's been almost a month now, but my motto regarding photo sharing is "better late than never!" so here you go. My apologies to Jeannette for the delay!

On warm, beautiful Thursday (Sept. 23) I sent a last minute invitation over gmail chat for Jeannette to come over with her boys and she did!! Ellis had a blast playing with the boys' largest train layout yet (it's still there a month later)......and the mamas had a good (if too brief) time chatting while running after Marlowe so he wouldn't fall down the stairs too many times or bite all the apples in the fruit stand... ;-)
Look at that cute boy's smile!

Happiest of all for me was the fact that I finally had my first blogger meet up since 2007... I can't believe I didn't get to meet any other blogger (not in my family) in person all of last year :-(. The first time I actually met Jeannette was back in 2007 at the Arboretum*. (I just remember that in 2008 I did go see Jo once).

Here's slideshow of the Picasa Album that I made with all photos of the trains and boys so I could share them with my guest and her family (and my readers):
Trains and Blogger Meet-up/ Visit!
*Reading the 2007 post reminds me that I have to try and get together again with another local dear blogger-friend and her sons -- Andi/Cloudscome.

P.S. I think Dawn won!

3 comments:

kate said...

That sounds like so much fun! Wish we lived close enough for a meetup!

Rene said...

That's a pretty sweet train setup your boys have going there. Can't wait for the cousins to get together!

Jeannette said...

Yay! It was fun!! And I'm glad you posted the train pics. I can't wait 'til Marlowe is old enough to not "wreck" everything. :)