Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flu-ish Boy

Kelvin woke up quite sick today. He didn't even get up properly, he climbed down from his top bunk, came downstairs for half a minute and went right back to (our) bed. He slept until 10, when I fed him some breakfast, then until 2, when he had a little bit of lunch. He seemed a bit feverish (our thermometer needs a new battery and I cannot leave the house with a sick child, can I?), so I gave him Tylenol at around 11:30 (time to give him more, I guess), but so far he has just been resting. And coughing a little, with a runny nose. He asked me to bring him downstairs so he could watch PBS's The Electric Company at 5 and now he's napping in the couch, poor boy.

I guess we shouldn't go anywhere in the next few days so we don't get anyone else sick, but then, again, with the never ending rain, who would want to do that? (too bad I need to buy some groceries, they'll have to wait until K gets back home). I hope he's all better by next week and that -- most important of all -- I don't fall sick since K will be gone from Sunday to Thursday for a conference! Can you imagine a sick mother alone with two boys? I hope I don't get to live through that...

I also wish I could know whether he has is the H1N1 flu or just the seasonal one... so I could make a decision about immunizations (they're supposed to get the shots because of their "asthma"). I think we won't get the shots this year... (only I did last year, for some reason, maybe the fear outlined above).

1 comment:

t1 Diabetes said...

Poor baby. No vaccines in my household yet. Yes,there is fear, but I fear the poisoning the vaccine worse.