Friday, August 17, 2007

Five Boys and a Railway

Yesterday I invited two bloggers I know (one of them I was meeting in person for the first time) so we could take our boys to a local arboretum's famous garden railway since it was the night for members to bring guests. I had already met Cloudscome last summer and she actually wrote a lovely post about yesterday's meeting. I'm "borrowing" two photos form her to illustrate this one (thanks my friend! I hope you don't mind :)
L to R: "Punkin," "Buddy Boy," Kelvin and Linton
Taken by Cloudscome.

The fifth boy of the title is Ellis, Jeannette's son, who is pictured below on the right with Cloudscome's boys. I met them for the first time yesterday and I hope we can get together many other times in the future. Kelvin and I loved to learn the signs for train, tree, and water, and we want to learn many more! :)
Taken by Cloudscome.

And here you can see Ellis, Buddy Boy, and Linton, watching for the train (I took this one and the remaining photos in the post):The five boys were moving constantly, it was getting dark, and my camera had about 20 minutes of battery left, so the few photos I managed to take are all blurry, but they convey really well how excited the boys were, running up and down looking at the trains:
Ellis was so thrilled!

And so were Kelvin...
(you can see Jeannette in the background wearing the fabulous first skirt sewn by her)

...and Linton:
(For some reason I looked at him running around last night and felt that he was so tall and "grown up" already. I definintely don't have my baby anymore :-( )

We had a great time, especially my boys, who don't get to hang out with other children much. Kelvin told me he wants to play with Buddy Boy (they're the same age) again and I hope we can get together before summer's over. I really really really wanted to invite all the Philly Mama Bloggers I know (see side bar) over to our house before we move much farther away from the city, but I don't know if that'll be possible since we have to spend all of next week packing for the move.

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

good luck with the house hunting!!!

Anonymous said...

It was way fun!!! Thanks for setting it up.

I hope you can find a house soon. Eek.

jo(e) said...

It looks like everyone had fun!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

We definitely have to get together again soon. My boys had so much fun! And me too, of course. Good luck with the packing and house hunting. Your plate is full!

Aliki2006 said...

I wish I could have been there too--looks like it was great!

P.S. I left you an award at my place.

Keiko said...

que delícia!

Engraçado que encontrar os blogueiros pessoalmente não é uma coisa que passa pela minha cabeça...acho bom essa coisa de relações virtuais, exceto por vc e Marcão, que obviamente, eu gostaria de encontrar...