Wednesday, February 13, 2008

1 Down, 3 More To Go

Only one committee member replied to my email so far and she's OK with my plan.

And now I wait for the other ones...

Still no feedback from the professor to which I sent a chapter draft last Thursday night. I'm beginning to panic. I need proof-readers. What to do? I may have to resort to paying someone even though I don't have the money. If I could swap proof-reading/ editing with someone, it would be great, but is that even feasible?

~~ ~~ ~~
My parents arrived last night, on a delayed flight scheduled for 12:30 a.m., but which arrived over an hour later. We got home close to 3 am. and we're exhausted today. They're feeling very cold, poor things, I guess we'll need to crank up the heater a bit until they're acclimated.

Oh, and if you want to check out the guest room, look here!

1 comment:

kate said...

Does your university have a writing center where they could proofread for you? At least for a rough idea. Other than that, maybe it would eb worth it to pay someone you trust, or bragain to swap services (piano lessons? sweet Brazilian treats? or as you mentioned, editing/proofreading?) I would offer buyt frankly there's no way I would be able to do it-- even though I think it would be really neat to read what you've got.

I hope the rest of your committee comes through soon!