Monday, January 28, 2013

Pride & Prejudice's 200th Anniversary!

Let's start with the fluff, shall we?

I was so excited to find out this morning that today is the 200th anniversary of the publication of P&P!

As long time readers already know, I am a true "Janeite." Take a look at my previous posts about her (I have a Jane Austen label!):

Back in 2006 I outed myself with the post "Oh Jane, dear, dear Jane" (not subtle at all, right? ;-) in which I praised the new Pride and Prejudice movie adaptation.

Then, over a year later in 2007 I took this fun Jane Austen quiz (see at the bottom of my side-bar) and blogged about it saying it was "For Jane Austen Lover Only :)."

On January 13, 2009 I began a series of post on the new & recycled PBS/BBC Jane Austen adaptations (" 'The Complete Jane Austen' Begins Tonight" and "New Persuasion Adaptation - My Verdict."

In the next two weeks I live blogged the new Northanger Abbey adaptation and reviewed the new Mansfield Park.

For whatever reason I missed watching the new adaptation of Sense & Sensibility and I have recently found out that one of the actors was the now famous Downton Abbey "Mattthew" so now I will want to watch it (though I'm not sure how good or bad it is, especially compared with the Hollywood movie).

My next few posts in 2008 were short (because of the Super Bowl) and then I wrote about the pretty lovely Becoming Jane.

My last post is from 2011 when I read Persuasion for Valentine's Day (it is my favorite Austen novel!) . I'm reading it again this year, this time the Annotated Version (thanks, sis!).

In any case, maybe I should also re-read Pride & Prejudice to celebrate its anniversary! I also have the annotated version, but it's so think I think I'll take forever to read.

Well, Happy Anniversary, P&P!!

No comments: