Sunday, January 13, 2008

"The Complete Jane Austen" Begins Tonight





I know that many of my fellow bloggers are Jane Austen fans like me, so I'm sure many of you already know about "The Complete Jane Austen" a series of new and "old" Jane Austen adaptations that is going to air on PBS starting tonight (in half an hour, so I'm quite late writing about this here).

The new BBC adaptations are Persuasion (airing tonight), Northanger Abbey (Jan. 20) , Mansfield Park (Jan. 27), and Sense and Sensibility (March 30 and April 6). Pride and Prejudice has already aired back in 1996 (a BBC and A&E joint production) and Emma (BBC) a few years later (I've seen both) -- both were AWESOME. They've also produced a film based on Austen life and her loves, Miss Austen Regrets and I'm curious about that. I haven't yet seen Becoming Jane yet, and I have to see it too (I found this great fansite of this movie which also talks about the upcoming adaptations).

I'm not that excited, but I'll follow along and I'll blog about it and hopefully get feedback from other viewers. Persuasion is my favorite Austen book and adaptation for the big screen, so I'm wary of tonight's TV adaptation already.

OK, gotta go put the boys to bed before I go watch it, talk to you later!

1 comment:

Aliki2006 said...

I'm wary of the adaptation, too. Not sure if I'll watch it all--I may catch some of it.