Monday, January 14, 2013

13/13/13 (Class enrollment)

It looks like I'll have even more students, but this is what my enrollment looked like today, exactly 13 students in each class. (I had 19 & 18 in the lgg classes last semester, it is normal that some students don't come back because of scheduling conflicts, etc.)

Yesterday I emailed past semester's syllabi to the department coordinator and she emailed me back saying that she was thrilled to notice the "robust" enrollment in my classes!!! (insert my happy dance here :)

I didn't miss a beat and replied that I was excited about my classes & students and thrilled to be teaching one of the classes in particular (more about it later) and that I hoped that my contract would be renewed. Sigh... much more on that later as well.

I am still really really happy teaching there. Still "at the margins," but fairly paid and having the chance to work with fantastic students.

Commuting the 76 miles each way only three days (MWF) and then teaching a class at the closer university in the other two days also feels extremely relaxing compared to last year's crazy schedule (teaching 5 days a week, 3 classes a day). I'm looking forward to this semester & hoping I'll get to continue teaching there next year & beyond... (sigh!)

No comments: