Friday, January 18, 2013

Out in the open

Suspense's over.

In the hallway this morning, almost late for class, search committee chair, on his way to a meeting, apologized for not interviewing me.

"Many people applied," he explained, "and two are coming to campus."

"That's OK!" I amiably, almost cheerfully, replied, and went on my way.

I think I can see these people now or at least know who they are. For some weird reason I'm hoping for Anglo men, again. Maybe I'd feel better & more valued (since he wouldn't ever be able to have my experience & perspective). A woman from my country or a man from another country would be fine, but a guy from my country... I don't think I'd like that at all!! I haven't much liked the ones I've encountered at conferences...

I'll let you know more as soon as I know! It should be fun!

Seriously!! ;-)

P.S. And I'm fine! I really am. (I kinda knew all along ;-) #benefitsofpessimisticrealism

4 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Although I know that you are fine and that you will be fine, I still wish that they would have interviewed you...

Heidi said...

Glad you are fine! Sometimes just knowing helps. We'll really understand if you have some disappointed moments, but for now, I'm hoping with you that the new person will be someone you'll click with and work well with.

Jamie said...

Sorry to hear it, Lilian, and glad to see you're taking it in stride.

Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorneys said...

Wonderful web blog article.I am really satisfied to earn lots of knowledge to read the site.Its a great habit to knowing good things like this,so thanks a lot.