Thursday, January 31, 2013

Closing Tomorrow! 2.65% 15 Year Fixed!

Wow, even I can't believe that our refinancing is finally going to happen! It was confirmed on Nov. 28, but it is only taking place two months later.

Phew!

The closing is tomorrow at 9 am and I have to sign the stuff as fast as I can and be on my way to teach at the other university (I only have to sign the title documents, my name is not on the mortgage, which is fine with me. My credit is still amazing even without that. ;)

The awesome thing is that we only have to bring around 7K to closing, so all the money that we've been saving & borrowing & keeping in the checking account (and charging most everything -- good to get miles, bad for getting into more and more debt) will go to start paying the credit cards, woo-hoo!

I truly hope that we can be debt free in less than six months (this week it has been confirmed that I'll have a summer class, I wanted/needed that to try to get back into shape financially. I just have to advertise it like CRAZEEE! so I can have a few students & get paid an OK amount).

I hope everything goes on smoothly! We're getting the cashier's check today so we'll be all set in the morning. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is AWESOME!

And getting rid of all your revolving debt is going to be awesome too!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! So funny you're closing tomorrow...our little house in MI is selling tomorrow too!