Friday, May 30, 2008

Blame it on the Photos

Oh yeah!!! And (continuing last post's subject) I guess that the most important thing to "blame" for the fact that I don't post as often as I'd like is:

PHOTOS!

Yeah, my obsession with posting photos (which I don't do as often as I'd like -- my frustration with the 365+1 blog can show that well) makes posts that would be otherwise simple to write near impossible Ffor instance, I've wanted to post about HAIR for the longest time, but I do want to include PICTURES! of my hair when I was SIX, YES! And those need to be found, and scanned, and all t hat takes time. I haven't yet told you about my wedding for the same reason. Each anniversary I say to myself -- this is the one, I'll get around and do it this year, but nah... not time.

Anyway... why in the world do I have to justify myself and find reasons for everything?

Well, because, as I told my friend this afternoon, humans are complex creatures, each with his/her own little "craziness." (I said that because of the fact that although I am an extremely messy and disorganized person, I have these weird impulses for systematization. We were getting/collecting [what's the right verb for this? do tell me] the dried clothes from the line and I explained to them how I already classified them all when hanging -- K's, mine, and each of the boy's clothes were hanging together).

So this is who I am. And I'm glad some of you enjoy reading what I write. Thanks. Really.

And one of the last things my dad said to me when I dropped him of at the airport "yesterday" (for me it's still Thursday because I haven't gone to bed yet -- they left on Wednesday) is that I should stop "dealing with those photos." And I guess he's right. I am obsessed with them although I police myself so I spend as little time as possible on them. OK. that's it for now.

1 comment:

Aliki2006 said...

Well, *I* like your writing, and I always have!

I sometimes think about how much better some posts of mine would be if I had better photos to go with them--older ones from my childhood. But I just can't quite get it together to do it right!