Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Baby Bonding Book for Dads -- Guest Blogger Blogging Tour

Two years ago I had the pleasure of participating in the blog book tour for Jennifer Margulis' book Why Babies do That and now it's my turn to blog about for The Baby Bonding Books for Dads: Building a Closer Connection with Your Baby . This book was written by Jennifer Margulis and her husband James di Properzio and contains wonderful photographs by Christopher Briscoe (do check out the book's website, it's a great blog, written by the authors).

When Jennifer invited me to participate of the tour I knew I would want to invite my husband to guest blog and here is his take on the book:
Open the baby book for dads and you will feel an irresistible urge to smile. The fabulous faces of the babies portrayed in the book bonding with their respective daddies breaks the ice for the gentle coaching offered by Properzio and Margulis to unsure soon-to-be/recent dads.

As a father of two boys, now no longer babies, I was delighted to see how precisely the experience of bonding was described. The the advice given is rich and sound, and the approach to interacting with these lovely small creatures brings home the great experience of being a dad. It is true that the days fly by very quickly at this young age. Thus every minute counts. And there will never be a better time to connect with one's child. If you are concerned about not missing any minute, The Baby Book For Dads can help you do it in a fun and relaxed way. Before we know it we are left with just pictures and fond memories of these unforgettable moments with our baby.
I really loved the photos and my favorite is this one:
Two more peaks: This is a really a perfect gift for fathers to be (particularly first-time fathers), we wholeheartedly recommend it!

3 comments:

Rene said...

What convenient timing! I'm sure K3 will read this post himself, and if K1 was so impressed, then maybe he'll want to check the book out too.

That first picture is a good one.

Unknown said...

That first picture is priceless! I never thought peeing could be so artistic!

About the book said...

Thanks for hosting the book! I loved reading your husband's reaction to it. And congrats on finishing your Ph.D. (I have a Ph.D. in literature too ... not that I use it much anymore. But it did help me get a Fulbright to bring my family to West Africa last year!)

xo, Jennifer Margulis