Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sick & Cute Photos

First, the weather. The thermometer outside my kitchen marked a minimum of 62.6 F/ 17 C since midnight yesterday and a maximum of 75.2 F/ 24 C today!!! Right now, it's 70 F. I opened most windows and I can't wait to spend some time outdoors, even with the strong winds. I wanted to go out there with the boys, though, and they're not here.

Yeah, I have the stomach flu and I'm home alone while my family is in church, finishing their desserts at the potluck lunch. I'm guessing that it's a virus that my second brother-in-law passed along, since he was sick between Christmas and New Year's while he was here. My oldest sister-in-law (not his wife) was sick on New Year's Eve too, so it may be the same bug. I'm just hoping against hope that the boys don't catch it. After a not so good night (I vomited at 4 a.m. -- I don't really like to say "puke" or "barf") and a positively horrible morning (I was nauseated and had some diarrhea), I started feeling better at 10 a.m. and I slept from 11-2:30. I've eaten half an apple and will cook some plain rice, so I think I'm fine now (hopefully).

So, to cheer you and I up, I decided to end this post with two cute photos of my boys and their cousins, taken on New Year's Eve:














4 comments:

kate said...

Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon. The kids are adorable! And they definitely have a family resemblance!

Aliki2006 said...

I hope you feel better!

Adorable pictures...

Juliet said...

So sorry you haven't been feeling well. *hugs* That's just terrible. :-(

What cute photos, though! They brought a big smile to my face!

Alice said...

I hope you're feeling better now!!!! I love those photos!!! (((hugs)))