Thursday, January 25, 2007

Celebrity Look Alikes

*Edited to Add*
- (2/5/07) This seemed fun, but the My heritage site simply pulled out the photos for some reason, so you can no longer see them. Not fun!
- (10/30/07) - I went to their site, did #1 and #2 again and figured out a way to save them to my computer so I can post them as an image which will be here "forever."#3 was already saved in my computer and I added a bonus one at the end. And I don't even know why I'm wasting time on this.

I saw this yesterday at Emily's blog and I like her post title: "If only..." Yeah, if only I did actually look like these people. Of course I had to try it, so I went ahead and uploaded three photos. You can check out the results and do the same if you like. This site's genealogy services seem to be amazing, I may go back and try to work on my family tree there.
NOTE: too bad the photos don't really fit my template. I fixed them by changing the height and width in the HTML, but I didn't want to make them much smaller so they wouldn't look too fuzzy.

1st try:
Here I used a relatively recent photo from August 2006 - spontaneous, taken by my son.I was really flattered to be thought to look alike Kelly Preston. Hmmm... I really don't think so, though. Holly Hunter was a nice surprise -- I really like her. I don't know the next four people, but... WOW, Sophie Marceau? I'd really like to look like her. But, wait a minute -- Tori Spelling? I always thought she was really ugly... oh well.

2nd try:
February 2006 photo, also taken by my son:
I only know three of these women and was flattered by the far away resemblance (66% is the highest -- see, I don't really look like them!!). But Holly Hunter and Sophie Marceau - again! - and Sarah Michelle Gellar -- wow. They even include this gorgeous Russian woman (Vodianova), who looks like she's 13.

3rd try:
Older photo, from April 2005, posed, and taken in the sun by my husband, so I'm squinting:
Surprisingly, this is the only photo that turned up the only celebrity that I have been told repeatedly by one of my dissertation committee members that I look alike: Andie MacDowell. Other than that -- Do I really look mostly like a man in that photo? I do think it's pretty cool to look like Richard Dreyfuss, John Stewart, and Gene Kelly, among others, but I thought it was pretty strange that mostly men turned up!!! Good thing some of them are quite handsome, not Kirk Douglas (only perhaps young) and Rudy Giuliani!!

It's really funny to see how the angle of the face in the photo, as well as the facial expressions are the things that determine resemblance in their face recognition "engine."
----------
Edited in 10/30/07 to add this one which hadn't been included in the "original" post:
These results are a bit bizarre since I look the most like a Chinese man and also look like three African American artists, but they do include Andie MacDowell and Gabriel Byrne -- whose photo does look quite a bit like the one I used for me.

6 comments:

Alice said...

what tremendous fun, this is!!! :)

But .. Lilian ... is it just the way you pose or the way the pictures are taken ... or did you really lose weight the last year?? Judging from the fullness of your face. It must be all that stress. Take care of yourself, girl! Am getting a bit worried, here.

Left-handed Trees... said...

I should have used this instead of my highly informal poll to find out about the whole me and Alanis Morrissette thing. Too funny...
Love,
D.

Andrew McAllister said...

So if mine came back with Telly Savalas and Dr. Phil, would that be a clue? :o)

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

Juliet said...

Cool! It said you look like two actors from the Buffyverse (Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alexis Denisof)!

I used that site before, but I couldn't figure out how to post the results on my blog. Of course, this was over a year ago. How Did you do it?

Aliki2006 said...

I might have to try this site--looks like fun!

Lioness said...

Do you know, I just found her a short while ago through a medical blog and saw a comment from you! O mundo é mesmo uma ervilhinha, caramba!