Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Spoke Too Soon

My son seemed to be better during the day, in spite of a total lack of appetite. I fed him only baby cereal with soy milk and some crackers. He didn't even want to drink water. He vomited again in the evening, after having one very loose bowel movement.

We're still in the woods.

I'm not feeling great either. Not much of an appetite and some abdominal pains. I hope things don't get worse tomorrow (today, I should say :)


On other news of an academic nature, I have finally started working on job applications. I'm happy to report that my husband and I have found positions for both of us to apply in three universities and there's a fourth geographical area with universities in commuting distance from each other that both can also apply. I know four is a very small number, but it's still better than zero!! At least now I'm getting a bit more motivated to apply. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Alice said...

oh so sorry to hear you're sick! It's a vicious time of the year when viruses just seem to spread like crazy. We're also struggling with colds & flus (In fact, I'm sitting here coughing my lungs out, ugh!)

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Both my boys are sick today too. We had to skip trick or treating last night and they were up and down all night so no one slept. Stay home sick today... I just pray we get some sleep and I don't catch it. And I'll add a prayer for your household too!

Juliet said...

It's that time of year again, when everyone seems to be getting sick. I know it's harder when it's our children.I don't mind so much when it's me, but it's unbearable when it's William.

Jody said...

We're sick here, too -- thankfully no vomitting -- so you have my heartfelt good wishes for a complete recovery.

Congrats on finding three/four markets. That's great news.